Poetic Spiriuality

Poetic Spiriuality
"Let there be light."

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

For the Love of Dogs

A Facebook friend of mine that shares my love of dogs wrote this comment to me in an email:

"Thank u for sharing your blog. Was reading some of your entries. Was enjoying reading some of the info u shared about the Kabblah.
The two Poems above it makes me feel your frustration with people who r narrow minded & judgmental. Good way to get it out of your system. I've felt your anger before in your writings about people's stupidity in not embracing the differences & the similarities we all possess. It is a shame I agree but it is the world we live in.
I look forward to you writing about the nature of our pets. They on the other hand have the opposite nature & while blogging about them I think I will feel u smile."

So, this is for Di ...


It is no surprise
When you look into thier eyes
That dogs have a soul
Their type of love should be our goal.

Unconditional. traditional, not superficial
Complete, heartfelt, soulfull.
Uncomplicated, trusting, easy
Fun, loving and pleasing.

Observe, and we might learn
Dogs love without asking in return.
They forgive and forget
They sense need with no regret.

Ah, if my fur babies could just talk
The things they'd say as we walk
"Don't worry mommy, smell the grass
This moment will quickly pass."

A belly rub, a snuggle and a kiss
These are the things I'd truly miss
Dogs don't judge, dogs don't hate
My dogs just make me feel so great!

© Sheryl A. Skutelsky, 2012. All rights reserved

1 comment:

  1. Di Siegel: I knew I'd feel you smile , I'm smiling right with you. Now that was a feel good blog in rhyme . Right from the first line "when you look into their eyes" you captured me. Thank you for blogging about our dogs hope to see more in the future. Think I'm going to go give mine a hug sending you one too :) Di

    ReplyDelete