Poetic Spiriuality

Poetic Spiriuality
"Let there be light."

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Rememeber, My Child

I wished for you, my child
From the day that you first smiled
That I could share all the knowledge
One can’t learn in college.

But just as you couldn’t know about fire
Like all of the knowledge you will acquire
It’s not a toy or game
You have to feel the heat of the flame.

Lessons don’t come easy
And you can’t learn them just to please me
No, lessons don’t come easy
It can bring you down, you see.

If I try to teach you from the heart
This is the one place that I’d first start
Nothing lasts forever
Even if you think you’re clever.

No matter how bad it sometimes seems
Still always follow your dreams
Because everything happens for a reason
Each life’s lesson has its season.
The older you grow
The faster the days go
Years fly by, nothing stands still
So cherish each and every thrill.

Energy is a part of our being
Don’t waste yours on the wrong thing
It’s all about how you look at each day
That will set the stage for the play,

Positive thoughts bring positive scenes
Negativity leads to the end of your dreams
Wake up each day with the light in mind
It can keep you from living your life so blind.

But remember, my child, lessons don’t come easy
And you can’t learn them just to please me
I just wish that you could somehow miss
At least some of the pain, so remember this ...

Love is the reason we’re all here
Let go of the terror, let go of the fear
And remember, my child, remember today
That the love of a parent can help light your way.

© 2009 Sheryl A. Skutelsky. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. If only they knew how much we wish for them and how we still worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely words to your child......we certainly can't be there to shield them from all the ills of the world, but we will always be there to support and love them.......and hopefully let them know they are loved...and always remember to keep telling them so.....

    ReplyDelete